Saturday, November 1, 2008

798


part of an old factory.

one of the more normal statues.

super cool graffiti

creative. Cleveland needs this graffiti artist.



yes, he is sitting on a motor bike playing the guitar. he was an excellent guitar player too.

798's main street.

798 (qi jiu ba in Chinese) is Beijing's main art district. It is located in an old warehouse district filled with hundreds of art galleries. You could probably spend about 4 days there and you might see all of them. Julia and I had a lot of fun wandering around looking at all the art. We found some pretty weird stuff. Some of the statues are...interesting. The graffiti artists are really creative and put Cleveland graffiti to shame. There were not too many tourists today because there was a lot of wind, so that was a nice change.

So, tomorrow morning I leave for my 2 week trip to Fujian providence. We will spend about 32 hours on a train to get there. I am really looking forward to the trip, though. It should be a lot of fun. Many things to see. I am excited to see different parts of China that I haven't seen before. It is also a little warmer down south, which is kind of nice. I will take lots of pictures.

Stephanie

No comments: