Friday, September 7, 2012

As some of you may know,  you need a VPN to access some important websites, like Facebook and blogger, in China. Not willing to give up such western necessities, I purchased a VPN before leaving for China; however, I thought it would be cool to route all my internet traffic though the Netherlands. Unfortunately, I did not consider the consequences of this. As of right now, all of my oovoo adds are in Dutch (kind of cool and slightly less annoying), I automatically get routed to blogger.com/fr (for some reason?), my spotify commercials are also in Dutch (definitely more cool), and google is always in Dutch (very annoying). I finally changed settings so my internet traffic is routed through CA, but it seems that its too late... I guess this semester is a multi-national experience?

Pollution Update!!

The pollution has been getting steadily worse this week. As I am writing, the pollution has peaked above 200...

September 5: 124
maybe mountains in the distance? trick of the light?

September 6: 185
aaannnddd we're back
I finally decided to put my bike together because of a planned two day biking trip two hours outside Beijing with the Beijing Peloton Cycling Club. Looking forward to clear skies :)

Ready to go on adventures...

...but in the mean time, the world's most expensive drying rack!
Until next time!

-Steph

No comments: